Don’t panic! You are not alone,
According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), people of the age group from 20 to 64 years have on average 3.28 missing or Carious teeth.
But don’t worry, the dental procedure called “Bridges” can help you out !
Bridges are just another way of replacing missing teeth. As their literal meaning, in Dentistry too, they connect two teeth filling gaps developed between missing teeth.
The bridge is a fixed dental prosthesis that fills up space due to the loss of one or more teeth. The space created due to missing teeth has many cons, like it can cause the supra eruption of the opposite tooth or tilting of teeth adjacent to the gap. The discrepancy created due to missing teeth may induce a problem in Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ).
At Charter Oak Dental, we understand the need for dental education to spread awareness among our patients regarding the consequences of missing teeth. That’s why our dentists provide guidance and correct information to enable our patients to make the best decision for them.
Procedure we follow
- Before the fabrication of the bridge, the teeth adjacent to the gap are reduced in size so that the bridge can fit perfectly.
- The tooth which is reduced is called Abutment Teeth, and once it’s reduced in size, the impression is taken to determine the dimension of the bridge.
- Bridges will be fabricated in the lab, according to the selection of material and shade of teeth.
- Till the bridge is made, a temporary bridge is provided on the Abutment teeth.
- In the last session of the procedure, the bridge will be cemented on top of the prepared teeth.
Advantages of bridges
- Maintains facial shape
- Helps to restore the function of mastication
- Lightweight and small
- Easy and comfortable
- Restores the natural functionality of proper speaking and eating
- Longevity is good and requires only 2-3 sessions for whole procedure
Let’s make this world a better place with One Smile at a Time!