Who doesn’t want a beautiful smile?
A confident smile increases the value of the face and adds up on the joy.
Crooked, misaligned teeth, defective bite, or forwardly placed anterior tooth not only affects your look but can also hamper the usual functions of daily life. These flaws also have a bearing on your mental image of yours, taking a toll on your mental health.
In recent decades, dental science has made long strides into unchartered territories, continuously inventing new methods, and refining the old ones. The use of technology has made dentistry touch new heights with a special focus on the evolution of newer Orthodontic treatment methods.
What is orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontics is a special branch of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis, correction, and prevention of malformed teeth and jaws using braces, ceramic braces, and clear aligners.
Need for orthodontic treatment
- It straightens teeth
- Corrects teeth bite.
- Improves the appearance of the face
- Maintains oral health (As malformed teeth cause difficulty in cleaning teeth and proper alignment aids in the maintenance of oral hygiene)
- Closes the spacing between teeth.
Braces are the most common treatment protocol in Orthodontics and are readily used to fix crooked teeth. These are placed at the front and back surface of teeth to apply force and brackets for tightening them.
Using braces can sometimes become awkward, especially in formal situations and for teens specifically, it can be embarrassing. To help you with these situations, Invisalign braces are now rapidly gaining interest as they can readily replace traditional braces. These braces are transparent, invisible, and remarkably comfortable.
Advantages of Invisalign Braces
- The most pleasing advantage of Invisalign is invisibility.
- More comfortable- It is comfortable to wear as it does not involve the use of metal wires and brackets, so you don’t have to worry about painful cuts in the mouth.
- Requires less maintenance.
- Less number of appointments.
- Correction of malposed teeth without metal braces.
At Charter Oak Dental, we take pride in being your smile guardian. A leading center for dental care in New Britain, Connecticut, and hosting patients coming from corners of the country, we have set out to build a harmonious community of people together to celebrate beautiful smiles.