An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
Quoted by Benjamin Franklin, it single-handedly captures the essence of the preventive cure. Taking care of oral hygiene with simple steps daily can prevent us from many debilitating diseases, which if ignored can lead to numerous dental problems.
A major example of this can be Peridontal infection, which can be cured easily at the early stage without any surgical approach. But, if left unattended and unhealed, it can easily lead to Periodontal surgery which remains the only option to restore normal functioning of teeth supporting structures i.e., gums, bone.
About periodontal surgery
Periodontal surgery is a type of plastic surgery involving surgical procedures to alter and eradicate the defects of Gums, Alveolar bone (bone surrounding teeth) which can be developmental, disease-induced, or due to trauma.
Indications for periodontal surgery
- If a non-surgical phase has been performed and the results are not satisfying.
- Periodontal surgery is required to treat periodontitis (infection of teeth supporting structures) in which visible access of the root surface is not proper.
- For correction of overgrowth of gums.
- Aesthetic purpose.
- Crown lengthening.
Procedures in periodontal surgery
At Charter Oak Dental Office, we take extra care to provide you with various surgical options, in line with assessment from our expert team
- Flap Surgery
- Bone grafting
- GTR ( Guided tissue regeneration)
- Gingivectomy or Gum contouring
Advantages of periodontal surgery
- It provides proper visualization of the root surface.
- Regeneration of lost tooth-supporting structures.
- Correction of high Frenal attachment.
- Aesthetic improvement.
- The prognosis of treatment can be determined.
With decades of experience behind us, At Charter Oak Dental, we take pride in being your Smile Guardian. Our experts work with state-of-the-art infrastructure to provide you with an unmatched experience.
Smiling is fun with healthy teeth and gums!