Isn’t the mere thought of your teeth getting extracted seems like a nightmare?
Tooth extraction is a stressful situation and can unnerve the strongest of the lot.
Not at Charter Oak Dental!
At our dental office, our expert dentists work with the latest state-of-the-art infrastructure to provide you painless experience throughout.
When to do Tooth Extraction
Tooth extraction is done when
- Tooth decay has reached the point where it cannot be conserved.
- For orthodontic treatment to create some space for teeth movement.
- Teeth are destroyed extensively by Caries and loss of tooth structure.
- Removal of deciduous teeth (milk teeth) if it is interrupting in the path of the permanent tooth.
About Tooth Extraction
Tooth extraction (Exodontia) is a process in which tooth is removed from its socket after giving local anesthesia to make the procedure painless.
Types of tooth extraction
- Simple extraction — It is the process of removing the tooth that is easily visible in the oral cavity.
- Surgical extraction— If the teeth are impacted or not visible, then it is removed surgically by giving a small incision on gums.
At Charter Oak Dental, we focus on providing you holistic dental care. Though we work towards preserving the natural tooth but in severe cases of infection, we do extraction else the infection can spread throughout your jaws.
The procedure of tooth extraction
- Before extraction X-ray of the tooth is done and examined
- The tooth is numbed using local anesthesia or sedation
- Removal of the tooth from the socket using surgical instruments
Instructions to follow after tooth extraction
- Keep the sterile gauze at the site of extraction for 30 minutes.
- Apply an ice pack.
- For the next 24 hours, you should not smoke, spit vigorously.
- Have a soft diet until the wound heals.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene.
No matter what the reason is for your tooth removal, you should get the missing tooth replaced as it helps in restoring the function of your jaws.
Your smile is precious. Let’s preserve it!